Monday, June 14, 2010

The beginning?

I have so many thoughts in a day that I would love to write (or type) down and save. I doubt anyone has a huge interest in the daily happenings of my life, but at least if I have a good story of two, I can share them. This summer I am doing something I said I would never do--working fast food. After lining up a job working as a secretary for my university, I figured I was good to go, until I received an email a week after summer started telling me I was no longer needed due to "changing needs of the department". I was fully disappointed, but moved on, applying to dozens of places and calling forty retail stores all together, with no luck. I finally gave in. I walked in, applied, and was hired on the spot, mostly due to the fact that I turned in a resume with my application, which is hardly seen in this industry.
I deal with hundreds of customers everyday, some more pleasant than others. I am in manager training. I'm still not sure what that means, but I'm happy they like me. It's an adventure in itself and I'm sure I will have plenty of good times and funny stories to post over my summer stint at a fast food joint, along with other random thoughts and adventures. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment